Phillip Beddall, Chair & Campaign Committee Chair
Phillip has a life-long experience of disability, and has been active as a human rights campaigner and disability advocate for over 30 years including extensive experience in accommodation and self-managed support models. He is interested in how policy impacts on the individuals receiving services at the grass-roots level. He provides peer support in self-directed care.
Phillip currently holds a number of positions on Boards and Committees:
- Chair of the Young People in Nursing Homes National Alliance
- Vice Chair of SACOSS (South Australian Council of Social Services)
- Chair of Enhanced Lifestyles
- In addition, Phillip is currently involved in B2j (Barriers to Justice) campaign
- 2012 Australian Institute of Company Directors course for Not-for-Profit (NFP) Chairs through a Perpetual Foundation through the Australian Scholarships Foundation.
- 2011 CBB (Community Business Bureau) Corporate Governance Training workshop.
Phillip has worked in both community and commercial broadcasting for 30 years. He is a presenter, producer and social commentator of health and disability issues and provides training, advice and support in the effective use of the media. He currently works as the SA Coordinator for the Young People In Nursing Homes National Alliance (YPINH).
Contact Phillip: firstname.lastname@example.org